Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Message



Today's message can be found in so many places. We have so much for which to be grateful in this world, but we don't need to know where to look, we just need to know how to look.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
~Abraham Lincoln

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
~Matthew 6:22

Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy
~Louis CK

Basic Buttermilk Waffles
~Alton Brown

I wish I could have embedded the Louis CK video, but it is well worth the click over and the few minutes it takes to watch it.

My wife loved it so much that she suggested that we add Louis CK to our marriage, and I agreed. I think it would be a good union because we could still use the monogrammed towels we got as wedding presents in our imaginations. Louis CK's last name(?) is the same as our first initials.

From now on (or until season nine of American Idol), katydidnot and I will be known as Mrs. & Mrs. CK Lambert-Desai.


"We *heart* Cheri & Kate!"

If, after reading the words of Abraham Lincoln, pondering the message from Jesus, watching Louis CK, and eating buttermilk waffles, you're still struggling to find a reason to be happy today, then I recommend adding bacon to the waffles next time to ensure that you have the spiritual awakening that I had today or, if it wasn't the bacon, then I'm high on maple syrup, but either way, WOW!!!.



Gratitude Meditation:

I am open to experiencing the healing balm of gratitude.
I struggle when, in my pain, I cannot see what I could be grateful for.
I am grateful for the love that is within me even if I can't feel it.
I am grateful for the chance to begin again.
I am grateful that a limited painful experience is not who I truly am.
I want to find the spark of light that gratitude will reveal.
I am grateful for every moment.
I am willing to experience gratitude; it is the doorway to peace.
I am open to finding the doorway.


(Pictures for this spiritual message were jacked from Google Images.)

40 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

I am grateful for every moment too and grateful for your blogginess as well!

She said...

I am grateful too for so VERY many things, but recently, I'm most grateful to know who I am, who I really am. And I like me!

I'm grateful for you!

mo.stoneskin said...

I've had a happy weekend, but now I know what I missing. Bacon and waffles. And now I can fill that empty hole!

Ginaagain said...

Thanks for the meditation Cheri.

phd in yogurtry said...

I'm grateful for these waffle cooking instructions: "Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions"

I can now put away my blow torch.

Amber M. said...

Bacon and waffles sounds pretty heavenly to me. Can someone else make them, though??

MJ said...

Amen

katydidnot said...

i am grateful for my wife. i mean really, truly grateful.

Sojourner said...

I am grateful for all this gratitude! Bacon and waffles sounds great to me too. Happy Sunday!

blognut said...

Oy. I'll get back to you.

just jamie said...

Oh Cheri, what a gift you are. Truly. And Seriously. And Honestly. And Wholly. And Sincerely.

I am ever so grateful for YOU.

just jamie said...

Oh, and the Louis CK message -- you were tight -- so worth the moments. Awesome!

just jamie said...

Oh Dear God, you were "RIGHT" -- like, with an R. Holy moly. Right. Right.

(Hangs her head in shame...)

JCK said...

Oh, Cheri! This is so lovely. And so true. I loved that meditation!!

Thanks so much for sharing all these.

I'm grateful for FB putting your blog entry right up there. Like a little present to unwrap...

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am grateful but seriously exhausted.

Steph said...

This is a post that came at a time when I sorely needed it. Thank you, my friend.

Jeanette said...

somewhere in Philipians 4 it says to be grateful in everything and give God praise. It makes for a happier life! What a great message! And I saw Louis CK the night that aired. It was GREAT! I remembered his words on my recent trip while I was waiting in an airplane that was delayed. =0)

Beth said...

Great video! Found myself smiling and nodding as I watched it. Perspective is a wonderful thing!

Janet said...

Cheri, as always with the timely posts :-) This cheered me on a Monday that has gone so bizarrely awry I just have to laugh!

CSquaredPlus3 said...

That video of CK is AWESOME! He's absolutely right, and so are you, and so is Kate, and I heart Mrs. and Mrs. CK Lambert-Desai - because the two of you together clearly have the smarts and compassion to change the world! (Plus you make me laugh, and I like to laugh.)

If the "Gratitude Meditation" comes from you Cheri, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Threeundertwo said...

Great post, and just what I needed today - thanks!

Mary said...

Thank you for you and for sharing that meditation - I needed that.

Tricia said...

I promise I'm grateful for so many, many components of my life and for so many people I adore and you don't have to cook bacon for me...wait, were you offering to MAKE the waffles and bacon?

You only eat real maple syrup, right?

Gary said...

...or as Woody Allen put it, so very succinctly:

“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness.”

Laural Out Loud said...

I'm grateful for my newest obsession, thanks to you, of listening to Louis CK on You Tube (never heard of him before today!). That man is hilarious.

San Diego Momma said...

I have loved that video since the first moment I saw it and I can watch it over and over again. And again.

Next time I see you, I will perform it for you because I know it by heart and am the master of comedy. (No I'm not.) (Yes I am) (Oh fine. No I'm not.)

Seraphine said...

waffles sound so good. i think no matter how bad things get, warm waffles (without bacon please) and fresh fruit would brighten up the day.

Joanie said...

I am grateful, even when my words say otherwise.

Hope you're feeling better!

By the way, you'll be sharing Louis with me. Why the heck not? I'm already sharing Craig Ferguson with half my blogger wives.

Sigh.

I'm grateful today for having a head filled with characters to play with each day. (Don't ask. You're better off not knowing.)

Da Goddess
dagoddess.com

g said...

Bacon! that's what I was missing!

Nap Warden said...

Bacon...that has been my problem:P

zelzee said...

I am grateful I have waffels and bacon in the house and I don't have to go out in the pouring rain today and get them!!!

Minnesota Matron said...

Love this meditation!

Jason, as himself said...

I'm late to this post, but I love it. I'm feel so in-tune with your spirituality because I trust it. Does that make sense?

Sarah J Clark said...

And Carmex. Never underestimate the cheering power of Carmex.

Sarah J Clark said...

PS -- I'm grateful for creative friends who fan the creative fire within me!

Michael Barrow said...

I'm grateful for Adam Lambert! I loves me some Adam! He is definitely the most original artist that they have had on A.I.

kcinnova said...

I'm grateful for everything in this post. I'm pretty sure you mentioned it all!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I'm just curious as to why your wife didn't flame you for worshipping bacon, because she did me and we're not married.

But in the end, I am grateful for all kinds of things. (I love the Louis CK bit, too)

be well*

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?