Saturday, February 21, 2009

In My Parallel Universe

I'm playing with the brilliant, creative, and stunningly beautiful San Diego Momma again, and it isn't even PROMPTuesday. We are Bloggers Gone Wild, I tell you, W.I.L.D.

You can play too. Your mission, should you choose to accept it If you want to play, you have to go see San Diego Momma. There you will find your "assigned" topic in the comment immediately following your comment on her post, which will have a topic from you for the next person.

It's really much simpler than I'm making it seem.

Go on, you'll see.

San Diego Momma will be publishing a list of links to the posts of the posters who were formerly commenters. You're following the bouncing ball, right?

Go to San Diego Momma and check it out. She 'splains it more better.

CLICK HERE TO BE TRANSPORTED TO THE HOME OF THE CREATIVE GENIUS OF SAN DIEGO MOMMA

You get that I'm not doing this well (and curse you law school education for making me so long-winded), and that you should already be at San Diego Momma by now?

Are you going to stop what you're doing this instant and go to San Diego Momma, or do I have to pull this blog over right now?



Okay. I'm back. (And you must be too. Hi! I missed you.)

So.

My assigned topic is to write about a typical day in my parallel universe.


In My Parallel Universe


The globe is not warming.

The desert’s not storming.


All diseases are cured.

Souls and spirits are stirred.


All children are fed.

Each one has a bed.


I listen with my heart and smile.

I know when to go the extra mile.


I know just when to walk away.

I always know just what to say.


EDITED TO ADD (Sunday, February 22, 2009): I was on an airplane earlier today doing grounding meditations at 10,000 feet in the air (I just picked that number at random; I don't know how high airplanes fly from Arizona to California), and there I started thinking about my parallel universe. I realized that although at first glance when the two are compared side by side they appear to be parallel, in fact, they are not. Actually, the two universes are on a path that will intersect at some point in the fourth dimension.

23 comments:

San Diego Momma said...

Oh my. I thought this would be WAY more complicated than you made it. So perfect. It's like the whole thing was made for you.

You know what I mean.

Shana said...

huh?

Blue Mountains Mary said...

You do make me laugh.

Although I wish your parallel universe was the real one..

mo.stoneskin said...

I disagree with Mary, the real universe is more fun. It's better if you don't quite know what to say ;)

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

OH! I love this poem. OK, I will check SDM's links...

Beth said...

I'd like to join you in your parallel universe!

blognut said...

You're so WAY COOL. I like your parallel universe. Will my show make it to TV there? I'd like to be rich and famous in your parallel universe. I am coming, right?

Steph said...

Dood. This is why I don't do these things. You write stuff like this, and I'm like, "I can never write something that awesome." Then I go nurse my inferiority complex while simultaneously admiring mad skillz.

IOW, awesome.

Jason, as himself said...

So simple. Why can't it be this easy in this universe?

And I STILL haven't clicked over to San Diego Momma. She is my final San Diego Blog Bitch that I have yet to seduce.

I wonder if she'll be as easy as you and your wife?

San Diego Momma said...

Dear Jason:

Yes.

(What was the question?)

But, yes.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I want to live there.

She said...

I've got my bags packed and will be moving in with you in your parallel universe TODAY!

Trish said...

Henry and I am packing for the parallel universe right now.

katydidnot said...

jason,

none of the san diego bitches are as easy as i am.

kate

my wife,

i haven't seen the day where you didn't know exactly what to say. you're brilliant.

your wife.

MJ said...

Jeez, your parallel universe made me feel so guilty! Maybe I'll master some of those skills by my next life!

kcinnova said...

Well written.
Jan Krist has an excellent song about a parallel universe, but I can't find it on YouTube to link for you. :(

just jamie said...

Dear Jason,

Where easy equals vulnerable: pick me, pick me!

Dear Cheri,

Your brilliant mind frightens me into needing another degree. Or six.

Janet said...

oh jesus, yes, distract me from boohooing over Mickey Rourke, please.

Jennifer said...

Not what I was expecting and love it. Who knew the parallel universe could be so easy? You, obviously.

The Girl Next Door said...

I just wish I could find a comment even 1/2 as witty as the ones you leave around the blogosphere - your writing, whether prompt tuesday or a comment is always A+. You nailed that legal writing class didn't you? And the whole moot court thing? Everyone hated you for being so awesome. We were jealous...

CC said...

I so want to live in your parallel universe!

Scout said...

Interesting that knowing just what to say and feeding children are both included. They are both so important, aren't they? I like your parallel universe.

Seraphine said...

i think there can be parallel segments but in the end, everything connects.
i like your poem.
i think commercial airplanes fly higher than that. like 28,000 or 32,000
feet. but i don't know.
10,000 feet is a lot of people.
and if you could drive your car straight up at highway speed, you would be in space in under an hour.